Friday, March 11, 2011

Ocarina of Time is the Best Game Ever

Our school decided to have a long weekend for reasons that can not be explained and I had nothing better to do so I decide to replay The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Now I can't quite live blog here, but I can post updates periodically, and that is what I plan to do.

Of interest is this speedrun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKpHukOaBIY&playnext=1&list=PL7C57F4892EFB8C0D , though I won't be doing it quite that fast.

9:00 Started the game. Opening cut scene.

9:22 First Dungeon started, and completed. Stone get.

9:40 Zelda met, time to get a song.

10:22 Second dungeon done.

11:02 Third dungeon done.

11:16 I'm a big boy now, time to do some more dungeons.

12:28 Finished the Forest Temple, this could take a while.

1:38 Had my first death against the boss of the fire temple, then tried again and didn't get hit. So fire temple beat now.

2:05 Ice Cavern finished, stupid sliding block puzzles.

2:12 I'm now going to attempt the water temple unaided by guide or anything, this will not be fun.

4:10 The beast is dead, the water temple is finished, the rest is amazingly easy compared to that.

5:43 Shadow temple done, one more and then final castle.

7:24 Spirit Temple done, just the final castle now.

8:27 Ganandorf's dead, castle destroyed, now to finish off ganon and win the game.

8:35 And Ganon is toast, the game is over. Boy that was amazing. Nice credits sequence and then it's over, time to do side-quests. 

This game is still almost as amazing as I remember it, with clever puzzles, good combat, and a decent enough story. It is everything a game should be, thank you Shigeru Miyamoto. Now I don't like to give games perfect ratings, as nothing is perfect, but if I did this game would get it, this game and this game alone. I know that it seems like kind of a short game taking me only 12 hours to finish, but the side-quests and everything take a lot longer and add a lot to the game.

So this is still my favorite game, and I have a feeling it always will be, regardless of how many hours I sink into Team Fortress 2. This is, and will always be the perfect game. If you have never played this game pick it up, even if you have to buy an N64, Gamecube, or Wii to play it it is an absolute necessity. I plan to buy it once it comes out on the 3DS, because owning one copy is just never enough.

So yeah, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, best zelda game, best N64 game, possibly one of the best things every made by humans, go play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment